17 July 2009

Um....

So, yesterday, I wrote about Eamon not being able to figure out how to move the lower and upper half of his body at the same time, and I think he read the blog after I went to bed, because today, he seemed to realize, "OH! This is how you do it."

He was going after (of course) the remote control. He pushed up his butt and lunged with his arms. It was terribly undignified, and not really a "proper" crawl, but he propelled himself forward enough to grab the remote and then flipped onto his back to suck on the remote triumphantly.

Being a naturally loving mother, I immediately took away the remote, turned him back on his stomach, and placed the remote control just out of reach to see if he would do it again. He did.

But when I tried it a third and fourth time...well, enough is enough, woman, I'm sure he was thinking. So I let him suck happily on the remote as a reward for putting up with his mother's insanity. He hasn't duplicated the feat since, but once they get an idea into their heads, it never takes long for it to take hold...
This is a terrible picture because I took it with my cell phone, which doesn't do "live action" well. I couldn't find our camera anywhere--it turns out Aaron had taken it with him on an overnight trip, of course...

No comments: