07 November 2011

Today was...a day.

I spent most of Friday in the doctor's office or at Lab Corp, therefore today started by waking up early so I could go to work early so I could catch up.

I waited all day for a phone call from said doctor...which never came.

I was involved in a miscommunication at work, and even though it wasn't my fault, I spent the rest of the afternoon obsessing over how I should have done X or Y to avoid it.

My shoes, which matched my outfit fine in my home mirror, suddenly looked terrible once I got to work.

One of the lights in my office blew out, swathing the entire room in semi-dark dreariness.

It was a day.

And then...finally...at 4:45, I walked into my parents' house and he ran to me, screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I picked him up and held him as he and clutched his arms around my neck. We just stood there, clinging to one another for several minutes.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"I missed you, too, Mommy," he whispered back.

On the car ride home, we sang the alphabet song. He told me words that start with the letters A, B, C, D, and E. We discussed how funny dogs can be when they lick your face.

We came home, and he put away my shoes, which once again looked just fine now that I was home. We sat together on the couch. He cuddled up against me and we played Super Why together on the iPad, finding letters and singing the AlphaPig version of the alphabet song.

Yes, it was a day. A great one.










No comments: